Goldco Gold IRA Versus Augusta Precious Metals Reviews: Unbiased Comparison
Have you thought long and hard about gold IRA investing? Maybe you’re ready to pull the trigger and open a gold IRA account. Before moving forward, it’s always wise to consider your options and make comparisons.
Today, I’d like to closely examine the most reputable companies in the industry: Goldco and Augusta Precious Metals. Why did I choose these two companies out of dozens of options? I love their attractive gold IRA services and they have a great reputation as well.
Moving forward, I’ll delve deeper into my Goldco Gold IRA versus Augusta Precious Metals Reviews unbiased comparison in greater detail below. By thoroughly comparing and reviewing each of these companies, you’ll have no trouble picking the top option best suited to meet your needs, goals, and financial desires.
Here’s the scoop on Goldco: this gold company specializes in helping customers open a gold IRA account. They also deliver top-notch educational resources to help prospective clients better understand the strategy’s benefits and drawbacks.
Goldco’s approach is all about benefiting the customer. They provide a wide range of IRS-approved precious metals, which adds tremendous diversity to any portfolio. And they go out of their way to simplify the account creation and buying process, which certainly puts their customers at ease.
Here’s a quick breakdown of Augusta Precious Metals: the staff at Augusta precious metals is run by top financial analysts in a dedicated professional team. They are committed to empowering their customers by providing knowledge, education, and retirement account protection. Their goal is to keep your retirement savings safe, sheltered, and growing.
As you dive headfirst into gold IRA investing, learning about both of these companies will make it easier to choose between the two when it comes time to make your decision. This comparison is designed to cover pros and cons, customer reviews, fees, storage options, and much more. With this information at hand, you’ll have no problem figuring out which financial service best aligns with your personal financial needs.
Company Overview: Taking a Closer Look at Goldco Gold IRA and Augusta Precious Metals
Right now, we’ll dive deeply into our overview of both of these companies. We’ll begin with Goldco first.
Goldco Gold IRA
You have undoubtedly put Goldco on your radar while searching for the top gold IRA companies to consider. As one of the top precious metals providers in the United States, they are popular because they have a wide range of options to invest in, which should easily meet your needs and goals. Their team is knowledgeable, friendly, and ready to lend a helping hand while navigating precious metals investing for your retirement.
While working with Goldco, customers are happy to report that their customer service experience is exceptional. Setting up an IRA is easy and the process is flexible. They love having a dedicated account representative ready to help them to make sure their entire experience goes smoothly.
Even better, Goldco is exceptional because they have excellent educational resources including a comprehensive gold IRA guide and webinars for their customers. This makes it easy to choose the right investments while making informed decisions throughout the account creation and buying process.
Top Goldco highlights include:
- Better Business Bureau rating: A+
- Trustpilot rating: 5-stars
- They offer a wide range of silver and gold coins with IRA approval
- Account setup is easy & managing your online account is simple
Augusta Precious Metals
Augusta Precious Metals is another option that is unquestionably one that you’ve heard of and considered. Their main claim to fame is their strict focus on silver and gold IRAs. This company does not sell platinum or palladium, which might be negative for certain investors.
Their reputation precedes them, they have a transparent approach, competitive prices, and phenomenal customer support. Augusta’s team is dedicated to helping their customers understand and appreciate the benefits of owning physical precious metals and their IRA and they work hard to get their message across.
When working with Augusta precious metals, you’ll appreciate the seamless experience from beginning to and including IRA account setup, choosing the right precious metals, picking a secure storage facility, and much more.
Best of all they even have educational resources that are second to none including their much-loved Precious Metals Guide. Unlike the other company, they provide their customers with information-packed webinars to make it easy for their customers to make the right investment decisions to meet their needs.
Augusta Precious Metals highlights include:
- Better Business Bureau rating: A+
- Trustpilot rating: 5-stars
- Silver and gold products vary and all meet IRA investment approval ratings
- Excellent storage facility options including private non-bank vaults
Before determining whether Augusta Precious Metals or Goldco is the best choice to meet your gold IRA needs, please take a look at our comparisons of their pricing, features, costs, fees, track record, and more.
Comparison Shopping: Costs & Fees
Although there are a lot of similarities between the two companies, it’s important to understand their costs and fee structure nonetheless. They include:
Goldco Costs & Fees
While examining Goldco, knowing their fees and expenses is important. They include the following:
- One-time account setup fee – $50
- Annual storage fee – $100-$150 per year
- Annual maintenance fee and administrative expenses – $80 per year
- Dealer fee – Goldco dealer fees vary at different times, so it’s important to visit their website to discover their current rates and competitive pricing
Augusta Precious Metals Costs & Fees
To best compare Augusta Precious Metals with Goldco, consider the following fees and costs:
- Account setup fee – a one-time payment of $50
- Precious metals storage fee – annual payment of 100-$150, depending on your chosen storage facility
- Annual maintenance fee – $80 per year to cover account maintenance costs
- Dealer fee – like Goldco, Augusta precious metals also offers competitive pricing and dealer fees. They vary, so it’s best to check with your account representative to learn their current mark-up prices
Please keep these fees in mind while comparing both companies. Understanding their costs and fees is vital to making an informed decision. It will help you choose the best gold IRA company to meet your investing goals.
Investing Options: Types of Precious Metals
Let’s quickly take a gander at the different types of precious metals offered by each of these companies. Their options include the following:
Goldco: Precious Metal Types & Options
If you decide to work with Goldco to open your new self-directed IRA account, they have many excellent investments to choose from. Their best options include gold, silver, platinum, and palladium precious metals in bar, coin, and round form.
Their precious metals options include:
- Gold American Eagle coins, gold Canadian Maple Leaf coins, Gold Australian kangaroo coins, and gold bars and rounds
- American Eagle Silver coins, Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins, Australian Silver Kookaburra coins, and silver bars and rounds
- Platinum American Eagle coins, platinum Canadian Maple Leaf coins, Australian Platypus platinum coins, and platinum bars and rounds
- Canadian Maple leaf Palladium coins and Palladium bars
Augusta Precious Metals: Options & Precious Metals Types
Working with Augusta Precious Metal means gaining access to gold and silver investment options with IRS approval. Remember, this company does not sell platinum or palladium, so if you’re looking to invest in those precious metals you’ll need to find a different provider like Goldco. Their precious metals offerings include the following:
- American Eagle Gold coins, Canadian Maple Leaf Gold coins, Austrian Philharmonic Gold coins, Australian Kangaroo Gold coins, and American Buffalo Gold coins
- American Eagle Silver coins, Canadian Maple Leaf Silver coins, Australian Kookaburra Silver coins, and Austrian Philharmonic Silver coins
Remember, coin, bar, and round investment availability often vary, so talk to an account rep to find out about their up-to-date inventory lists.
No matter which company you choose, there is a wide range of IRS-approved precious metals investments to choose from with each of these companies. Look at their website and figure out the best investments to meet your preferences and needs.
Customer Support & Service
Now, we will take a deep dive into their customer support & service options. They include:
Customer Service & Support: Goldco
From the standpoint of customer service and support, Goldco’s team is excellent and they look forward to answering your questions. Customers can reach the customer service team through multiple channels. They include:
- Telephone – they have a toll-free phone number that customers can call for assistance during business hours
- Email – they offer email support and reply promptly within 24 hours.
- Live chat – customer service representatives will answer your question in real time via live chat on their website
Besides the phenomenal customer support mentioned above, Goldco also offers their customers phenomenal resources for education including guides, videos, and webinars. Plus, their account reps are patient, quick to respond, and very easy to talk to.
Customer Service & Support: Augusta Precious Metals
When it comes to its customers, Augusta precious metals is committed to providing quite possibly the best customer service in the industry. Their main customer support features include:
- Telephone – call their toll-free number during regular business hours to reach their dedicated support team
- Email – their email support team responds in a timely manner with the utmost in professional courtesy
- One-on-one support – each Augusta precious metals customer is assigned a customer success agent. This agent is responsible for providing Taylor-made recommendations and one-on-one customer support to meet your needs
- Webinar consultations – they take things a step further by sharing informative webinar presentations made by knowledgeable industry experts to help guide your investment decisions
Besides the customer support methods mentioned above, they even have a Knowledge Center, which is packed with educational resources including articles, guides, videos, and more.
You can undoubtedly tell that customer support and services are a major priority of Augusta Precious Metals and Goldco. You can’t go wrong with either company, although Augusta takes their customer service to a higher level nevertheless.
Account Creation & Setup
The account setup process is fairly straightforward with both companies. It includes the following:
Account Setup: Goldco
Setting up a Goldco account only requires completing a few easy-to-follow steps. Visit their website first, fill out the form by providing personal information, and then submit the form.
At this stage, you’ll be contacted by a representative from Goldco. They’ll help you throughout the entire process and provide excellent recommendations to help you meet your investing goals for retirement.
While set up is happening, you can choose a Traditional or Roth IRA account. Have ID and other important documents ready including a copy of your passport and driver’s license. After you submit the necessary documents, Goldco takes care of the rest and fills out the paperwork on your behalf while creating your new account. They will update you on the entire process via email.
Key account setup features include:
- Their online form is user-friendly
- Goldco representatives provide personalized advice and recommendations
- Customers choose between traditional or Roth IRA accounts
Account Setup: Augusta Precious Metals
To set up an account with Augusta precious metals, start out by visiting their website and completing the online form. You’ll receive a call from an Augustine customer success agent to help you complete the setup process.
While setting up your account, you can choose between a traditional, Roth, or SEP IRA. Have your identification ready by leaving your passport and driver’s license readily available because you must send them copies to open your account.
You’ll work with a dedicated customer success agent to guide you through the account creation process and help you every step of the way including handling your paperwork.
Key account setup features include:
- Easy-to-fill-out online form
- Guidance from a dedicated customer success agent
- Three account options – traditional, Roth, or SEP IRA
Goldco and Augusta Precious Metals have many similarities but they also have differences too. Most important of all, they both offer reliable services, portfolio diversity, and a great way to beef up your retirement savings. When looking at each provider, consider the company best geared to specifically meet your preferences and needs.
As you go over your options, consider customer service, costs and fees, storage facilities, and the range of investments when making your final choice. Always do your research before choosing a gold company. Speak with a financial advisor if you need further guidance while making this important decision.